- Payment Guidelines:
- A Facility Deposit of is due with signed agreement and to reserve the space. (Facility deposit applies to rental, and all but 25% is refundable up to 14 days prior to event).
- Full amount of cost estimate is due by the day of event
- Remaining balance, if any, will be billed within 14 days after the event. If there was an over payment, a refund will be issued within 14 days after the event.
- All balances unpaid after thirty days (30) following the date of the invoice shall accrue interest at the rate of 10%. Client shall be responsible for any attorneys fees and costs of mediation, arbitration and/or litigation if Client fails to pay invoices when due.
- Payments can be made by cash, check or credit card: Visa, MasterCard, or Discover.
- Regardless of the method of payment for the deposit, the renter will be required to provide a valid credit card number. This number will be kept on file and used only in the event of damages, excessive clean-up, over-run of the rental period, any overdue balance and/or cancellations.
- All, but 25% of the $500 deposit is refundable up to 14 days prior to the event. In case of cancellation less than 14 days prior to the event, RPZS will work with client to find a new available date for the event. If there are any non refundable expenses, the client will be billed all non refundable costs associated with the event (this may include food, beverage, staffing fees, and/or rental equipment).
- All guests and participants in rental events at Reid Park Zoo agree to comply with safety, security, animal and property protection and behavioral policies that are in place or appropriate for the event. Failure to comply will result in expulsion from the property and is at the discretion of RPZS.
- No balloons, straws, or plastic/paper beverage lids are permitted, for the safety of the animals.
- All alcoholic beverages must be served by the concessionaire holding the liquor license for the facility. No alcoholic beverages may be brought into the Zoo premises by the client.
- A Zoo Rental Agreement and Contract must be signed b the client prior to the event.
- There is No Smoking allowed on the Zoo grounds. A smoking area is available just outside the main gates. In and out privileges can be arranged, providing a gate attendant is present.
- Special equipment (banners, decorations) may not be brought into the Zoo without prior approval by RPZS.
- Entertainment and Music: If arranged by Client, prior approval by RPZS is required.
- Vegetation may not be removed by the client.
- Guests will exhibit behavior appropriate to the event, and shall not cause any sexual or racial harassment of staff, the public or other participants at the event.
- Facility must be left clean and free of trash after the event, otherwise a clean-up fee will be charged.
- Any physical damage to the facility caused by any guests or their contractors must be covered and made whole by the client.
- No outside food may be brought on Zoo grounds. Food for event must be provided by Craft Culinary or Zoofari Cafe.
- No fundraising, sponsor solicitation, or advertising to the general public is allowed.
If you plan on charging admission for your guests, you must obtain prior approval and cannot be considered a fundraiser.
- You must obtain prior approval to use Reid Park Zoo name and logo in any print materials
Animals are not available for viewing at rentals prior to Zoo opening and after Zoo closing.
- Venues: The Reid Park Zoological Society reserves the right to hold multiple events on the same night. The entire Zoo is available, although if there are multiple groups holding an event on the same date, each group is restricted from the other groups main location (i.e., Event Gardens, Conservation Learning Center)
- Lighting: Only event areas are lighted after dark unless special arrangements have been made.
- Weather: If your event is scheduled for an outdoor area, client must assume all weather risks.
- Animal Access: Animals are given access to exhibit space as well as night quarters during evening rentals. Their visibility is not guaranteed.
- Alcohol: Alcoholic beverages must be served by the Zoo’s caterer, Service Systems Associates, who holds the liquor license for the facility.
- Clean-up Fee: A $250 fee may be enforced in the event the facility is not returned to the Society at the end of the event in its original condition, less normal wear.
- Set-up: Set-up for events may start when the Zoo closes at 4:00 p.m. and after regular zoo visitors have exited the facility. All break-down and clean-up must be completed before 9:00 a.m. the following morning.
- If any items are left on Zoo grounds after the rental event, the items will become property of the RPZS if not picked up within two weeks of rental date.
Liability Insurance Required:
Client must provide a Certificate of Insurance, adding the Reid Park Zoological Society (1030 S. Randolph Way, Tucson, AZ 85716) and the City of Tucson (1100 S. Randolph Way, Tucson, AZ 85716) as additional insured for the event. Certificate must be presented no less than one week prior to event. If the client has no liability policy, RPZS can direct you to a source for a one-time event liability coverage.
Client and guests attending agree to assume all the risks of bodily injury or harm which may occur as a result of participation in this rental and release and forever discharge any and all claims, and all rights and claims for damage against the Reid Park Zoological Society, the City of Tucson, its Parks and Recreation Department, its Mayor and Council and any other officers, employees, co-sponsors, or agents arising out of participation.