Bring the Zoo to You!
Have you been thinking about how fun it would be to visit Reid Park Zoo, but can’t make the trip? No worries! With our community Zoo to You Outreach programs, we’ll come to you! This program is perfect for assisted-living facilities, libraries, schools, church functions, and any other organizations that wish to bring a memorable Zoo experience to an indoor facility (no personal residences).
Outreach Program Details:
- Great for all ages!
- 45 minutes of Zoo fun and LIVE animal ambassadors* (select one of the topics below)
- Max of 40 participants per program
- Affordable Zoo experiences for groups (max 3 programs per day)
- $200.00 per program within 20 miles of Reid Park Zoo (call for rates outside 20 miles)
- $100.00 for additional programs on the same day at the same location
- Funding to cover the outreach fee is available for Arizona Title 1 schools. This year’s funding was provided by: Southwest Gas, the Kasser Family, the Zarling Family, Target, the Edmund and Wendy Marquez Foundation, and the William E. Hall Foundation held at the Community Foundation for Southern Arizona.
Outreach Program Topics:
- Habitats (Great for all ages): Learn what an animal needs in its habitat and how animals survive in the desert, rainforest, and savanna habitats.
- Adaptations (Great for all ages): Learn about adaptations that help wild animals survive and how people can be inspired by nature’s survival tips.
- Zoo 101 (Great for all ages): Caring for the animals that call the Zoo home is a big job! Learn how we do it and why what we do is so important.
- Locomotion (designed for grades K-2): Investigate how animals move from here to there by exploring their unique adaptations.
- Conservation and Endangered Species (designed for grades 3 and up): Discover Reid Park Zoo’s role as a conservation organization and how zoos and scientists work to protect wildlife and wild places.
YAHOO and AOL USERS: Please email us directly to request your outreach program at email@example.com. This form will not function properly from Yahoo and AOL email accounts. We apologize for the inconvenience.
For questions about Reid Park Zoo’s Outreach programs email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to Chapman Automotive for their generous support of Reid Park Zoo’s education and outreach programs.