The Adventure Begins Here!
We have a variety of programs available for groups of all sizes and ages! Our programs are scheduled first come, first serve, and according to date and staff availability. Please plan as far ahead as possible. Please click on the appropriate button below to see programs and pricing for your group type.
Behind the Scenes Experiences
Have you ever wondered what it was like behind-the-scenes at the Reid Park Zoo? Well, now you can see it firsthand! Have the opportunity of a lifetime when you plan ahead and request a behind-the-scenes experience. Please note: These experiences are for small groups of 10 people or less.
Private and Youth Group Self-guided Tour
Private and Youth Groups (non-school groups) of 20 or more people can make a 30-day advanced reservation to receive a discount on regular Zoo admission.
Click here to fill out your request form today!
YAHOO and AOL USERS: Please email us directly to reserve a self-guided tour at [email protected]. This form will not function properly from Yahoo and AOL email accounts. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Looking for other fun activities at the Zoo?
Are you planning a trip to the Zoo with a large group?
If you purchase your group’s tickets in advance you receive a bulk discount rate!
Check out our group discount rate here!
Looking for a Virtual Program option?
Please click here for a list of online resources and virtual field trip opportunities available to schools and youth groups.
The following programs are available:
Zoo Adventure Program (ZAP):
If you have a large group, this is the adventure for you! ZAP programs focus on a topic of your choice and will include fun activities and presentations with LIVE animal ambassadors.
Designed for ages 5 and up.
Maximum group size:
Indoor capacity will be determined based on group size to allow for physical distancing as outlined in the CDC ‘s guidelines for schools.
For larger groups, we can schedule back-to-back programs on the same day.
$10.00 per person (child and adult). This includes Zoo admission and
program participation. Minimum program price: $200.00.
Zoo Adventure Program Topics:
- Habitats (designed for all ages): Learn what an animal needs in its habitat and how animals survive in the desert, rainforest and savanna habitats.
- Adaptations (designed for all ages): Learn about adaptations that help wild animals survive and how people can be inspired by nature’s survival tips.
- Zoo 101 (designed for all ages): Caring for the animals that call the Zoo home is a big job! Learn how we do it and why what we do is so important.
- Locomotion (designed for grades K-2): Investigate how animals move from here to there by exploring their unique adaptations.
- Conservation and Endangered Species (ages 8 and up): Discover Reid Park Zoo’s role as a conservation organization and how zoos and scientists work to protect wildlife and wild places.
- Animal Food and Nutrition – Feeding A Zoo (ages 6 and up): During this program, your group will take a peek at what some of the animals at the Zoo eat and meet live animal ambassadors. Your group will learn about the unique adaptations that determine what an animal eats and what it takes to feed all the animals at the Zoo.
- Animal Health Care- Caring for Animals in a Zoo (ages 8 and up): Visit the Zoo’s Animal Health Center, meet live animal ambassadors, and learn how the Zoo cares for over 250 animal residents.
Behind-the-Scenes Add-on for ZAP programs:
These add-on encounters are only for groups participating in a ZAP program. Each encounter will last 20-minutes Behind-the-Scenes for an additional fee.
All participants must be at least 5 years or older.
$4.00 per person (in addition to ZAP session fee)
Behind-the-Scenes opportunities include ONE of the following:
- Rhino encounter
- Anteater encounter (currently unavailable)
NOTE: All animal encounters are subject to change on the day of your program if necessary for animal health and comfort.
YAHOO and AOL USERS: Please email us directly to request your program at [email protected]. This form will not function properly from Yahoo and AOL email accounts. We apologize for the inconvenience.