World Ocean Day
Thursday, June 8, 2023
8:00 am — 11:00 am
One Ocean, One Climate, One Future, Together!
No matter where you live, you can help protect the ocean by protecting more nature right in your own community! Whether you live on the coast or far inland, we all need a healthy ocean to survive and thrive. The ocean generates most of the oxygen we breathe, helps feed us, cleans the water we drink, and regulates our climate. By protecting our ocean, we also protect our climate, and our future.
Come join us at Reid Park Zoo in a celebration for World Ocean Day! Our Zoo Crew teen volunteers will be hosting activities throughout the Zoo including:
- Storytime at 8:30 am and 9:30 a.m.
- Ocean themed chalk art activity
- All About Recycling activity
- Information about how to purchase sustainable seafood using Seafood Watch created by Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Interactive climate change activity
- Go Green Kits and magnets from this years teen photo contest
World Oceans Day activities are included with admission, and free for Zoo Members!