Nature Club – September 9
Saturday, September 9, 2017
9:00 am — 10:30 am
What is Nature Club?
The goal of Nature Club is to encourage families to get outside and find new opportunities to experience nature. We hope to inspire our community to appreciate, understand, and value wildlife and wild places.
- Meet six times per year, approximately every 2 months.
- Help develop skills necessary for observing plants and animals.
- Focus on child-led investigation and unstructured play.
- Get new ideas and resources to encourage families to get outside more often.
- Free to join and participate in, with paid admission to the Zoo. (registration is required)
- Nature Club is an educational program and includes several different learning opportunities, please arrive on time to be sure not to miss anything.
During Nature Club, meet Reid Park Zoo animal ambassadors; listen to nature stories, do nature themed arts/craft activities, visits from guest speakers, and more!
Feel free to bring in natural items, stories, and artwork for Show & Tell. Don’t forget the Nature guidelines!
Reid Park Zoo is pleased to offer Nature Club through a grant from the Association of Zoos and Aquariums with funding from the Disney Foundation.