Saturday, November 4, 2017
9:00 am — 10:00 am
What is Nature Club?
The goal of Nature Club is to encourage families to get outside and find new opportunities to experience nature. We hope to inspire our community to appreciate, understand, and value wildlife and wild places.
- Meet six times per year, approximately every 2 months.
- Help develop skills necessary for observing plants and animals.
- Focus on child-led investigation and unstructured play.
- Get new ideas and resources to encourage families to get outside more often.
- Free to join and participate in, with paid admission to the Zoo. (registration is required)
Nature Club participants will meet Reid Park Zoo animal ambassadors; listen to nature stories, do nature themed arts/craft activities, have visits from guest speakers, and more!
Feel free to bring in natural items, stories, and artwork to share during Show & Tell.
This month’s topic:
Interested in hiking with your family but not sure where to start? No problem! Join us on November 4, 2017 at 9:00 AM for our last Nature Club meeting of the year. HIKE IT BABY® will be our special guest to share knowledge about how to get out and go hiking with your family. Learn tips on trails, gear, duration and more. Don’t miss out, reserve your spot today!
View the “Nature Collecting Guidelines” to help you collect items responsibly during your adventures.