Asian Lantern Festival 2020
Thursday, February 13, 2020 — Sunday, March 29, 2020
6:00 pm — 9:00 pm
Lanterns are Lighting up the Zoo!
Reid Park Zoo is partnering with Tianyu Arts & Culture Inc., UA Global, and the Tucson Chinese Cultural Center to bring you another fabulous year of more than 400 colorful, interactive, customized lanterns to Southern Arizona. This event will transport you across the world with Asian-inspired entertainment, cuisine, and culture. You may even get lost in magical worlds as you dive deep into the sea, then emerge to walk among the dinosaurs and finally stumble into the wild plains of Africa! The Asian Lantern Festival is not one to be missed, and you will have plenty of time to soak in this larger than life cultural festival. Even if you came to this illuminating event last year, you won’t want to miss it! 80% of the lanterns will be all new to the Zoo, meaning there will be many new lantern lands to explore!
Thursday – Sunday: February 13 – March 1 — 6-9 p.m.
Nightly: March 5 – March 29 — 6-9 p.m.
Throughout the evening, you’ll enjoy:
- Hundreds of magnificent, larger-than-life lanterns
- Asian-inspired activities and crafts
- Live entertainment including dance, music, and acrobatics
- A brand new interactive lighted floor in Expedition Tanzania
- Asian-inspired food in the Zoo’s Café
- $18 for Adults
- $16 for Children (2-14)
- Children 1-year-old or younger get in for free
- Members get $2 off admission
(Not a member yet? Click here to sign up today!)
Tickets are nonrefundable
Your ticket can be used for any night of the event, and tickets can also be purchased at the Zoo entrance. All sales are final. Please contact [email protected] with any questions.
Have a large group? We have bulk ticket pricing available for groups of 20 people or more! Contact Maria Sainz at 520-837-8224 or send an email to [email protected].
- The Asian Lantern Festival is a family-friendly event.
- Carousel rides will be available for an additional fee.
- Asian inspired food from Taste Catering will be available in the Zoo’s Café for purchase.
- Tickets are non-refundable. Discounts cannot be combined.
- Animals will have access to heated habitats behind-the-scenes for this event, and will likely choose to be off habitat.
Weekly Crafts Free with Admission!
Swing by the Conservation Learning Center during the Asian Lantern Festival and enjoy Asian-inspired crafts!
Games Free with Admission!
Try your hand at some of these well known Asian-inspired games and activities! All the below games will be by the Conservation Learning Center, Friday through Sunday.
- Chinese Checkers
- Mah Jong (traditional and kid-friendly)
- Marble Pick-up Game (chopstick dexterity challenge)
- JUMBO Jenga and Corn Hole (on rotation)
- Origami Station – make frogs that jump and play leapfrog!
Entertainment & Activity Schedule – Free with Admission!
Thanks to a variety of community partners all additional activities and entertainment are free with admission. Stop by the Zoo’s Event Garden to enjoy entertainment on the Main Stage or swing by the Conservation Learning Center located in the back of the Zoo for some additional activities.
Thank you Asian Lantern Sponsors: Susan Beesemyer, Nate Clark
Thank you Asian Lantern Festival Partners:
Interested in Becoming a Sponsor?
Click here for more information!