2019 Fit Fest
Saturday, May 11, 2019
6:00 pm — 9:00 pm
Join us for Fit Fest 2019, a multi-dimensional fitness event.
Try out a wide range of fitness programs and visit a variety of vendors at the Zoo’s annual Fit Fest, presented by Title Sponsor, Chuze Fitness, and event organizers Juan Acevedo-Mora, Personal Trainer & Fitness Instructor, and Lupe DeLeon, Group Fitness Instructor. Licensed and certified fitness instructors from all over the state will showcase Zumba®, Pound, BODYCOMBAT, Turbo Kick®, Mixxed Fit, on the main stage. Try out yoga, dancing, boot camp, Silver Sneakers, and Hot Hula too. Get your “steps” in with a Scavenger Hunt sponsored by Humana.
- A wide variety of vendors including Arbonne, Aveda, Chuze Fitness, Dance It Studio, Drop Studio, Guild Mortgage, Humane Society of Southern Arizona, Lohse YMCA, Natural Grocers, HEMPWORX, OneAZ Credit Union, Silver Sneakers, Southwest Endurance Training, The Grow 2B Foundation, The Gym of Tucson, TopGolf, Tucson Movement Arts, Wellness Key Chiropractic
- Strike a pose with us at Fit Fest! Our yoga instructors are bringing musically inspired flows in the Zen Zone: YoSoul combines dance with yoga. Spread Joy Yoga is a fun mixture of gentle flow sequences and held poses to help ignite your inner light and to foster harmony and joy in your life. Do(OM) Yoga is a yin based class set to the heavy, slow rhythms of the Doom Metal genre.
- Try out salsa dancing with Tucson Movement Arts at 7:00pm in the Cafe and then Country 2 Step at 8:30pm
- Listen to the happening sounds of DJ LEXX
- Try out Boot Camp with Chuze Fitness and The Gym of Tucson: small obstacle course which may include agility ladder, sandbag carries and wall climb.
- Your Key to a Fuller Healthier Life – SilverSneakers® is a program designed with you in mind. You have the opportunity to join a group of like-minded people focused on maintaining good health and independence. SilverSneakers is much more than an exercise program – it’s a way for you to achieve your best health in mind, body and spirit. 6:30pm in the Cafe.Try out BODY COMBAT with Templo Fitness: An empowering cardio workout inspired by martial arts. This fiercely energetic program draws from a variety of disciplines such as karate, boxing, taekwondo, tai chi and muay thai.
- What is Hot Hula? It’s happening in our Cafe at 7:30pm. HOT HULA fitness® is a fun, new and exciting dance workout. It provides a “total body workout.” HOT HULA fitness ® isolates your larger muscle groups, increasing strength and definition to your core with specific emphasis on the abs, glutes, quads and arms. Inspired by the dances of the Pacific Islands, HOT HULA fitness® incorporates easy to perform dance movements set to the sounds of traditional Polynesian drum beats fused with funky Reggae music, resulting in a modern, hip fitness workout.
- Try out Body Flow with the YMCA at 8pm in the Cafe
With low and high impact movements to fast and slow rhythms, there is something for everyone. The Zoofari Cafe will be open for food and refreshments. We will also have beer, wine & margaritas available for purchase in the Event Gardens.
Pre-sale tickets are $15 for adults and $5 for children (ages 2-14).
Zoo Members get $3 off adult admission. Want to become a Reid Park Zoo member? Click here and save!
Day-of-event tickets will be sold at the door for $20 for adults.
Thank You Title Sponsor:
Thank You Scavenger Hunt Sponsor:
Thank you to our Partners: (to be a partner, contact firstname.lastname@example.org)