Saturday, March 3, 2018
5:00 pm — 8:00 pm
Join us for Fit Fest 2018, a multi-dimensional fitness event.
Try out a wide range of fitness programs and visit a variety of vendors at the Zoo’s annual Fit Fest, presented by Juan Acevedo-Mora, Group Fitness Instructor & Coach, and Lupe DeLeon, Group Fitness Instructor. Licensed and certified fitness instructors from all over the state will showcase PiYo®, Pound, Turbo Kick®, Boot Camp, Silver Sneakers, Zumba®, MASHUP, Mixed Fit, Tabata and Yoga.
- Fitness vendors include Boxing Inc., Chuze Fitness, Dance It Studio, Ignite Fitness, Inspired Fitness, Rising Phoenix Fitness & Defense, Swat Fitness, TeenFit Studio
- Try out yoga with naranTuda at our Conservation Learning Center
- The Humane Society of Southern Arizona will be highlighting Jog a Dog (or walk)
- Try out dance with Tucson Movement Arts.
- Visit Tucson Medical Center’s Kid’s Zone at Expedition Tanzania for a variety of kid-friendly activities including Animal Olympics, inflatable obstacle course & basketball hoop! The Shyann Kindness Project and My Gym will be out with activities. Bubblenado will also be a hit!
- Receive a wellness check from PCC! This includes resting heart rate, blood pressure, hand grip strength and waist-to-hip ratio.
- Browse a variety of vendors including chair massage by Cortiva Massage, make-up tips from Aveda and sampling Sweet Leaf water enhancers from Natural Grocers. Check out Top Golf, Wellness Key Chiropractic, Parks Farmer’s Insurance, Terra Essential Oils, Massage Envy, Superior Water Treatment, and LuLaRoe in the Desert.
- Instructors: Bootcamp – Rosemary Bietendorf, Matthew Carroll; Mash UP: Daisha Enos, Alyse Hergenrother, Krista Wissinger; Mixxed Fit – Denise Hickman, Christina Jackson, Liana Knight, Leslie Pehoua, Kenya Walker, Laura Ybarra; PiYo Live – Joe Acevedo-Mora, Jessica Maerz; Pound: Pam Crocco, Maile Labor; Turbokick – Jen Dahar; Zumba – Myra Berube, Morayma G., Richard McHugh, Terry James, Lucero Martinez, Sean McCurdy, Terry Wood; Yoga – Kim Horner
With low and high impact movements to fast and slow rhythms, there is something for everyone. The Zoofari Cafe will be open for food and refreshments. We will also have beer, wine & margaritas available for purchase in the Event Gardens.
AVEDA Fundraiser for the Zoo the month of February. Make a reservation for an Elite Mini Facial at La Encantada’s Aveda by calling 520.232.9435. It is a great Valentine gift for you or your loved one and best of all, it supports the Zoo. They ask for a $20 donation in either cash or a check.
Pre-sale tickets are $15 for adults and $5 for children (ages 5-13).
Zoo Members get $3 off adult admission. Want to become a Reid Park Zoo member? Click here and save!
Day-of-event tickets will be sold at the door for $20 for adults.
Funds raised from the event will benefit the Zoo’s mission such as support for education programs, conservation efforts and improvements to the Zoo for its animals and visitors. Click the Register button to purchase advance tickets.
Thank You Performance Stage Sponsor:
Thank You Kid’s Activity Zone Sponsor:
Thank You Yoga Zen Zone:
Thank You Boot Camp Sponsor:
Thank You Nutrition Sponsor:
Thank You Media & Promotion Sponsors:
330th Recruiting Squadron US Military, Arizona School of Acupuncture & OM