Programs for School Groups
The discounted pricing below applies only to accredited K-12 schools using the Zoo as part of their school-day curriculum. After school programs, day care, camps, scouts, and non-Head Start preschools are eligible for Youth Service Group Program pricing. For more information about any of these programs, or to find out if you qualify for these prices, please call 520-837-8183.
Self-Guided (admission only) rates for School Groups
- $3.50 per individual (student and adult)
Educator-led Programs for School Groups
Educator-led programs are booked on a first come, first served basis. Please plan these visits as far in advance as possible to avoid disappointment–our schedule fills early! Please review the program options below before submitting your request.
Can’t come to the Zoo? Request a Zoo to You Outreach program at your facility instead.
Zoo Adventure Program (ZAP)
- Grades K-12 (a self guided trip or Zoo to You Outreach is best for preschool groups)
- 45-minute classroom program featuring live animal ambassadors
- $7.00 per person (student OR adult)
- Minimum program price $140.00
Zoo Adventure Programs align with current state and federal science standards, and provide a fun and memorable field trip for your students.
You can choose to have your programs start at either 9:30 or 10:00. Each ZAP session can accommodate up to 40 people (includes students and adults). For groups over 40 people, we will automatically add on extra 45 minute ZAP sessions as needed (up to 160 people per day). For example: for a group of 120 people in the 9:30 timeslot, we will schedule programs for groups of 40 at 9:30 – 10:15, 10:15-11:00 and 11:00-11:45.
Programs will focus on the topic of your choice, and will include fun activities and presentations with live animal ambassadors.
Available topics include:
- Habitats: Learn what an animal needs in its habitat and how animals survive in desert, rainforest and savannah habitats.
- Adaptations: Learn about adaptations that help wild animals survive and how people can be inspired by nature’s survival tips.
- Zoo 101: Caring for the animals that call the Zoo home is a big job, learn how we do it and why what we do is so important.
- Locomotion: (Grades K-2 only) Investigate how animals move from here to there by exploring their unique adaptations.
- Conservation and Endangered Species (Grades 3 and up only): Discover Reid Park Zoo’s role as a conservation organization and how zoos and scientists work to protect wildlife and wild places.
- Animal Food and Nutrition (Grades 3 and up only) Available Spring 2018
- Animal Care and Health (Grades 3 and up only) Available Spring 2018
Giraffe Encounter Add-on
The Giraffe Encounter is appropriate for all ages and may be added to an education program or a self-guided field trip for $2 additional per person.
If you have questions regarding our educator-led programs please contact Reid Park Zoo’s education department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 837-8200.